Diplomas and Transcripts

Duplicate High school Transcripts or Education Verification

Students can acquire a copy of their transcripts or receive an education verification, from their local school, school district or the Louisiana Department of Education.

Schools and school districts maintain permanent records and provide electronic copies to the Louisiana Department of Education via Student Transcript System (STS). To expedite your request for a duplicate transcript, please contact your local school district.

The Louisiana Department of Education has partnered with Parchment, a leader in eTranscript exchange, to send high school transcripts and education verifications electronically, securely and confidentially, to the institution you choose. The service is available online, 24 hours a day and seven days a week.

Alumni can request a transcript and designate the academic institution, organization or individual that they would like to receive it. Users will be notified when their request is complete and can also track the status of their request or view a saved copy of their transcript.

NOTICE: The Louisiana Department of Education releases student records in accordance with the CFR 34.99, Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) which does not require immediate release of copies of student transcripts. Requests are processed within 45 business days.


To obtain a copy of a High School Equivalency Diploma (GED, HiSET) contact LCTCS or complete and send in the required form.

Order Credentials from Parchment

Fixing an Error on a Transcript

If there is an error on your transcript, please contact your local school district which is the only entity that can amend a school transcript.

If you have questions about transcripts, please contact transcripts@la.gov.