Contact Us

There are four ways to contact the Louisiana Department of Education:

  1. Call the call center at 1-877-453-2721*: The Louisiana Department of Education call center is staffed with representatives who are prepared to take your question or concern and route it to the appropriate office within the agency. Callers may provide either an email address or a phone number for a follow up conversation, and should expect a response from the appropriate office within 48 hours. The call center is open from 7:30 a.m.–6:00 p.m., Monday–Friday.

    *Translation services are available. Please provide your name, phone number, and preferred language when calling. A translation specialist will call you back and assist you in your preferred language.
  2. Submit an electronic ticket at Ask LDOEThe Ask LDOE electronic ticket system allows you to write your own message and have it directly provided to a staff member with experience in the subject area you have selected. The subject area drop down menu covers a wide range of topics including special education, finance, the Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP), and high school academics.  

  3. Email a subject expert. There are a number of email addresses that are managed by Louisiana Department of Education staff members with expertise on specific topics. The email addresses are posted throughout the Louisiana Believes website, but may all be accessed here. Subject-specific email addresses are provided in lieu of individual email addresses so multiple staff members are able to access the inquiry and respond more quickly. Sender should expect a response to their email within 48 hours.

  4. Teacher certification inquiries must be submitted through Teach LA Live!.

State Superintendent Dr. Cade Brumley can be reached at


Mail Us:

Louisiana Department of Education
P.O. Box 94064
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9064

Visit Us:

Louisiana Department of Education
1201 North Third Street
Baton Rouge, LA 70802-5243


Special Education Ombudsman:

The LDOE Special Education Ombudsman serves as a resource to parents in non-legal special education matters. Contact the ombudsman at or 1-877-453-2721, Option 2.

Duplicate High School Transcripts:

Order a duplicate copy of your high school transcripts from LDOE.

The LDOE cannot reissue a High School Diploma. Please contact your local school district.

Public Records Request:

Custodian of Public Records, Dr. Cade Brumley Public Records Request Form • Email: After sending your request, you should receive an acknowledgement of that request within three business days. If you do not receive an acknowledgement within three business days, please call (225) 342-3572.

Research Requests:

Information for partnering with or requesting information from the Department to conduct research is available on our Research page.

Student Records Request:

To request an individual student record, the completed Personal Consent Form is required. A photocopy of the driver’s license of the person giving consent must be submitted with any request to confirm identity. Please email all documents to

The LDOE does not have GED records. For GED verification, please contact Louisiana’s Community and Technical Colleges

The LDOE does not have college transcripts. Please contact the institute for the records.

Having trouble accessing a webpage or document? If so, please contact our Communications team at
You can also view our website accessibility policy for more information.

LDOE Website Privacy Notice